Basmah Felemban was born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Felemban is a self-taught Graphic Designer who worked in various fields during and after graduating high school in 2011. Her first work “Jeem”, that was a transition from Design to Contemporary Art made its debut at the British Museum in 2012 as a sideshow to “Journey To The Heart of Islam: Hajj Exhibition”.
She has recently graduated with an MA in Islamic and Traditional Art from the Prince’s School of Traditional Arts in London, UK in 2017. Basmah managed to skip the process of a bachelor’s degree, due to her vast portfolio and extensive research.
At such an early stage in her career, Basmah has exhibited in many international and local exhibitions such as Art Dubai, 21/39, contemporary art Istanbul, Venice Biennale, and Art AbuDhabi.
In  she won The Arab Women Awards in the “Young Talent” category, and then was invited to be on the judging panel the following year.
Driven by her experience as a young creative in Saudi, she puts supporting the local creative scene as a priority, from working in small startups to giving talks, workshops and her social media platforms.
2017: - Desert to Delta/ AMUM- Memphis
- Prince's School of Tradition Art MA Graduation show/ PSTA- London
2016: - Parallel Kingdom/ Station Museum of Contemporary Art- Houston
2015: - Anonymous was A Women/ Hafez Gallery- Jeddah
- [insert range here]/ Athr Gallery- Jeddah
- Quincy House, Unity/ Riyadh
2014: - Art Abu Dhabi
- The Language of Human Consciousness/ Athr Gallery
- Art Dubai
2013: - Art International Istanbul
- Rhizoma/ Venice Biennale
- The Beginning of Thinking is Geometric/ Maraya Center, Sharjah
- Show of Faith/ Katara, Qatar
- Parallel Lines/ Athr Gallery
- A Line in the Sand/ Dubai
2012: - Designed/ Riyadh
- Loud Art/ Khobar
- Young Saudi Artists / Athr Gallery, Jeddah
- Artists and Hajj / British museum, London
2018: - Exploring themes of self-expression through Street Art In Saudi -Talk
Saudi Cultural Days -New York
2017: - Cosmos in Art -Talk
Desert to Delta Symposium -University of Memphis
- Desert to Delta -Panel
Brooks Museum -Memphis
2015: - The Effect of Culture on Visuals -Panel
Saudi Design Week - Riyadh
- Symbolism in Islamic Art -Talk
TedXRadwa - Yunbu
2014: - A Hidden Language -Workshop
Athr Gallery -Jeddah
- Street Art in Saudi from an Anthropological Point
Saudi Design Week -Riyadh
2012: - Esoteric Art, and its Place in Contemporary Art
PechaKucha V.1 -Riyadh